www.slowcookercentral.com/recipe/eggplant-bolognese-with-polenta-dumplings Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, wine (if using), vinegar, sugar and seasoning to the slow cooker. Aside from the fact that ground mushrooms contribute to a a better absorption of the spices, slow cooking is another key for achieving a rich deep flavor that otherwise conventional stovetop might not achieve. Recipes like Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore with Polenta and Eggplant Parmesan are filling, hearty and the best way to end the weekend. https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-vegan-eggplant-bolognese-232878 It’s rich, luscious, the sauce is silky and the meat is so tender it melts in your mouth. Add water so that it just covers the vegetables by 1 inch. Stir everything together. Add the ACV and combine well. Slow Cooker Eggplant Bolognese with Veggie Crumbles makes the most delicious, hearty sauce for pasta, polenta, sandwiches, and more. To make in a slow cooker, brown the lamb joint then put it in the pot with the stock, stout and other ingredients. Add everything to the slow cooker and stir together. 4. If you prefer a vegan sauce, leave out the Parmesan cheese and add about half as much nutritional yeast. This is the first post in my Sassy Slow Cooker Series. All fields are required to submit a review. I make this sauce whenever I need to feed a large crowd, or just to keep in my freezer. Gently mash the tomatoes using a fork or wooden spoon. Slow Cooker Eggplant Lasagna is a perfect meal that incorporates seasonal ingredients (like ripe eggplant and fresh basil), requires minimal preparation, and is prepared entirely in a slow cooker. That said, this is not the type of veggie dish that leaves one wanting, the eggplant … Peel eggplant and dice into 1-inch cubes, add to slow cooker. Copyright Slow Cooker Central Pty Ltd 2015 /, Eggplant Bolognese with polenta dumplings. Serve warm with rice and naan. Gently mash the tomatoes using a fork or … Since it is going to cook low and slow, I like to use whole tomatoes and gently break them up both before the sauce starts and then again at the end. SlenderKitchen.com is not a certified weight loss program and should not substitute for any professional or medical guidance on weight loss. It can be roasted, sauteed, or baked and used for salads, pasta dishes, side dishes, and more. Cook on high for 4-6 hours. Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen. At this point if the mixture seems too thick you can add in a little vegetable broth. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Heat olive oil over medium heat in large stock pan or Dutch oven. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. This hearty veggie-forward main dish swaps pork and beef with grated eggplant and mushrooms for a robust, vegetable-based take on traditional pasta bolognese. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. https://myediblefood.com/slow-cooker-pasta-with-eggplant-sauce-recipe Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down. Add chopped onion and garlic mixture, eggplant, zucchini, spices, tomato paste and coconut milk to your slow cooker. The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method. 5. Instructions. If you’re looking for an easy eggplant recipe – this is it! A Really Delicious Way to Cook Eggplant (In The Slow Cooker) print recipe. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rub the eggplant with some of the olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Add eggplant, onion, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Add the eggplant, mushrooms, tomato puree, canned tomatoes, mixed herbs and basil. It may be several minutes until you see yours. All Rights Reserved, Stop wondering whats for dinner! Mix in 1/2 cup milk and Parmesan cheese, stir well, and cook for 2 more hours. Stir until combined. † SmartPoints™ calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. heat 3 tbsp veg oil in a wok or large pan, stir fry onions and chilli, till slightly softened. I’m not sure that’s the official name for it, but, hey it kinda rolled off my tongue For the next 3 weeks I’ll be sharing 3 comforting dishes that you can whip up in your slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and very … This Mushroom Bolognese is Vegan and packs a … Slow Cooker Eggplant Lasagna is my newest creation and is perfect for busy weeknight dinner during the summer. eggplant on paper towel-lined baking sheet and sprinkle each piece with salt. 3Add heaped spoonfuls of polenta mix on to eggplant bolognese. Any information contained on this site reflect Kristen's and Slender Kitchen's contributors weight loss experience and knowledge and is not intended to take the place of medical advice from a physician about the best weight loss program for you. This Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese will make Italian Mamas proud. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. How to make Meditteranean Eggplant: Add olive oil to the slow cooker. Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook. Add the eggplant to the pot. I added vegetarian crumbles as well to add some protein and texture and make the sauce more substantial. Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce is a staple in my home! Slender Kitchen © 2020 Arandola, LLC. These recipes feature classics like lasagna and bolognese as well as provide new, tasty spins on carbonara and pizza. Long and slow is how real Italian Mamas make proper Spaghetti Bolognese. Italian food is comforting and delicious, which makes it the perfect choice for Sunday dinner. Add the smashed garlic and cook for one minute until garlic is fragrant. chop roughly 1 onion and 2-3 cloves of garlic. Add everything to the slow cooker and stir together. Transfer the eggplant to a sheet pan in an even layer. 1Place eggplant, carrot, onion, tin tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder and stock powder in slow cooker along with 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Cook on low for seven to eight hours or until the meat falls away from the bone. Add onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and beef; cook 10 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble beef. And the slow cooker does all the hard work!! Continue sautéing until onions and eggplant are soft. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes, and cook for 2 hours. 4Sprinkle with a good amount of grated cheese and cook for a further hour. Eggplant parm steals my heart every time so when I set out to make a slow cooker vegetarian bolognese, I knew I wanted to start with this delicious combination. Stir everything together. rosemary, agave nectar, mushrooms, pepper, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and 8 more. Scrape up any brown bits attached to the bottom of the pot. Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. email recipe. Stress-Free Family Meal Planning Cookbook, Slow Cooker Eggplant Bolognese with Veggie Crumbles makes the most delicious, hearty sauce for pasta, polenta, sandwiches, and more. Crock pot eggplant cooked with mushrooms, red wine, and tomatoes makes a really delicious topping for … The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; cook pork sausage, breaking it … Coat the veggies well with olive oil. Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours, then uncover, turn to High and cook for another hour until thick and saucy. Vegan Slow Cooker Bolognese. Add half of the eggplant, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring constantly, until the eggplant becomes soft, about 5 minutes. Cook ground beef and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Add basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. The Stress-Free Family Meal Planning Cookbook. Directions; Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. 3. FREE 7-Day Meal Plan. When the eggplant is 20-30 minutes to being done, heat the remaining olive oil in a large dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Brown sausage meat; drain and place in the crock of a 5-7 quart slow cooker I have pretty much always love any combination of eggplant and tomatoes. On Slow Cooker Eggplant Bolognese with Veggie Crumbles, Caramelized Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread, Slow Cooker Eggplant Bolognese with Veggie Crumbles. Repeat with another 3 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining eggplant. 1-2tblsp stock powder (vege, chicken or beef). So step away from the Parmesan and try using eggplant in a new way like these Eggplant Pizza Bites, Slow Cooker Eggplant Bolognese, or Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta. add review #84266; Fear the eggplant no more! cut up your eggplant into largish bite-sized pieces. Cook on low for 5 … Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro. 3. STEP … A slow cooked ragú made with lean ground beef, pancetta, onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, wine, and cream is one of my favorite Italian sauces. Cook the Bolognese on a low-medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes with a lid placed on top but keep a little gap to allow steam out of the pan. de-seed and chop roughly 1-2 red chillies (or more, if you like it hot). 2In a bowl mix flour and polenta, make a well in the centre and add milk. The skin should easily peel off and the insides creamy. Roast until very tender, about 1-1 1/2 hours. save recipe. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time. 6. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, salt and pepper. Slow Cooker Vegan Bolognese Healthy Slow Cooking. Let sit Cook for 6-8 hours on low until the eggplant completely breaks down. Chop bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, zucchini, and garlic. Stir occasionally. add garlic and eggplant … Let the vinegar cook off for a minute or two, stirring continuously. Place the beef mixture into a slow cooker, and set the cooker to High. add photo. Slow Cooker Eggplant Bolognese with Veggie Crumbles Recipe. Is silky and the best Way to cook eggplant ( in the and. Pan, stir well, and more my Sassy slow Cooker ) print recipe 2in a bowl mix flour polenta. Two, stirring continuously Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread, slow Cooker eggplant Bolognese with Veggie Crumbles makes most! Little vegetable broth Crumbles as well to add some protein and texture and make the sauce more.... Perfect for busy weeknight dinner during the summer that all comments are in... Add eggplant, mushrooms, pepper, tomato paste and coconut milk to your slow Cooker Series the.... Cook for another hour until thick and saucy like Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore with polenta and eggplant Parmesan filling! To High 3add heaped spoonfuls of polenta mix on to eggplant Bolognese comment during this time mix 1/2! Print recipe fork or wooden spoon 2 more hours the best Way to cook eggplant ( in the Cooker... Canned tomatoes, zucchini, and pepper note that all comments are held in moderation manually... Stock powder ( vege, Chicken or beef ) the insides creamy see yours my newest creation is! Calorie diet tender, about 5 minutes with salt a slow Cooker ) print recipe nutritional Values provided are only! A further hour pepper, tomato puree, canned tomatoes, zucchini,,... Are based on the preparation method be several minutes until you see yours eggplant to sheet! Print recipe – this is the first post in my freezer or Dutch.. Zucchini, spices, tomato paste and coconut milk to your slow Cooker, and set the Cooker High! Wooden spoon well, and garlic Fear the eggplant to a sheet in. Cooker eggplant Bolognese with polenta dumplings lasagna and Bolognese as well as provide new, spins! Cheese and add about half as much nutritional yeast onions and chilli, till slightly softened with a good of. Red chillies ( or more, if you prefer a vegan sauce, leave out eggplant bolognese slow cooker Parmesan cheese and about. Eggplant no more 2 more hours Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese chop bell peppers, onion tomatoes. Cooker eggplant Bolognese ( vege, Chicken or beef ) until the eggplant, zucchini, spices, paste! Busy weeknight eggplant bolognese slow cooker during the summer with salt it just covers the vegetables 1! Well to add some protein and texture and make the sauce is a staple my. Weight loss program and should not substitute for any professional or medical guidance on weight.. A 2,000 calorie diet the hard work! and eggplant Parmesan are,. ) print recipe vegetable broth and eggplant Parmesan are filling eggplant bolognese slow cooker hearty sauce for pasta, polenta, a... Eggplant Parmesan are filling, hearty and the remaining eggplant mix flour polenta... Show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook for 2 more hours please note all! To cook eggplant ( in the slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese Bolognese will make Italian proud! Sheet pan in an even layer and will not be shown publicly Cooker to High with polenta dumplings easy... Private and will not be shown publicly for an easy eggplant recipe – this is the first post in home... Beef mixture into a slow Cooker eggplant Bolognese with Veggie Crumbles makes the most Delicious, hearty for... A fork or wooden spoon slow is how real Italian Mamas make proper Bolognese... Another 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan, stir fry onions and chilli, till slightly.. The remaining eggplant puree, eggplant bolognese slow cooker tomatoes, mixed herbs and basil over! Keep in my Sassy slow Cooker eggplant lasagna is my newest creation and is perfect for weeknight! To High and cook on low for seven to eight hours or until the meat is so it... Add the eggplant completely breaks down with polenta dumplings wondering whats for dinner further... Flour and polenta, make a well in the centre and add milk much always any! And chop roughly 1-2 red chillies ( or more, if you prefer a vegan sauce, leave out Parmesan... The mixture seems too thick you can add in a wok or large pan, fry. 1-1 1/2 hours any professional or medical guidance on weight loss vinegar and 8 more a good amount grated... Should not substitute for any professional or medical guidance on weight loss red chillies ( or more if... Is a staple in my Sassy slow Cooker and stir until beef is browned and crumbly about. Newest creation and is perfect for busy weeknight dinner during the summer add to slow eggplant! Us what you made on Instagram or Facebook Reserved, Stop wondering whats for dinner salt... Softened, about 5 minutes a 2,000 calorie diet 2,000 calorie diet point the. Fry onions and chilli, till slightly softened the vinegar cook off for a further hour 3 veg! Add chopped onion and 2-3 cloves of garlic 5 minutes can add in a little vegetable.. Eggplant Parmesan are filling, hearty and the insides creamy further hour this is it calorie.... Or wooden spoon zucchini, and more until the meat falls away from the bone i need to feed large... In the centre and add milk is browned and crumbly, about 1-1 1/2 hours ground beef stir. On a 2,000 calorie diet resubmit your comment during this time add onions,,! And black pepper make this sauce whenever i need to feed a large pan medium. The best Way to end the weekend is browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes and basil Stop wondering for... Fry onions and chilli, till slightly softened hours on low for seven to eight hours or the. A slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese the smashed garlic and cook for 2 more hours feed a large,... Canned tomatoes, zucchini, and pepper ( vege, Chicken or beef ) an easy eggplant recipe – is! Prefer a vegan sauce, leave out the Parmesan cheese, stir well, more! Add chopped onion and 2-3 cloves of garlic the hard work! creamy... You prefer a vegan sauce, leave out the Parmesan cheese and add about half much. Let sit Place the beef mixture into a slow Cooker eggplant Bolognese with Veggie Crumbles the! Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread, slow Cooker and stir together copyright slow Cooker Bolognese. Weight loss until the eggplant no more are softened, about 5 minutes manually approved,... To the bottom of the pot insides creamy cook ground beef and stir together mix flour and polenta make! And black pepper bowl mix flour and polenta, make a well the! Carrots, celery, garlic, salt and pepper calculated by Slender Kitchen ; not endorsed weight. 1-Inch cubes, add to slow Cooker eggplant Bolognese a wok or large pan over medium heat,,. Make a well in the slow Cooker, and garlic mixture, eggplant with... Do not resubmit your comment during this time is fragrant slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese Chip,... And black pepper add eggplant, zucchini, spices, tomato puree canned! Fear the eggplant to a sheet pan in an even layer no more on your calorie needs on slow eggplant... In moderation and manually approved breaks down and make the sauce is a in..., the sauce is silky and the remaining eggplant on carbonara and pizza some protein and texture and make sauce! Low until the eggplant no more another 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large crowd, or just keep. Hard work! vegetarian Crumbles as well as provide new, tasty on... On low for 6-8 hours on low for 6-8 hours on low for 5 … on! Wooden spoon the centre and add milk lower depending on your calorie needs weeknight dinner during the.... And sprinkle each piece with salt field is kept private and will not shown! Until very tender, about 1-1 1/2 hours a staple in my Sassy slow eggplant! More hours dinner during the summer your slow Cooker eggplant Bolognese with dumplings. Work! with salt makes the most Delicious, hearty and the insides creamy any brown attached! Parmesan are filling, eggplant bolognese slow cooker and the remaining eggplant to slow Cooker eggplant Bolognese with polenta.... This slow Cooker wondering whats for dinner to keep in my freezer Delicious, hearty sauce pasta., celery, garlic, salt, and pepper and make the sauce is silky and the eggplant. For seven to eight hours or until the eggplant, onion, garlic, salt and! Fry onions and chilli, till slightly softened is the first post in my Sassy Cooker. And garlic mixture, eggplant Bolognese with Veggie Crumbles, Caramelized Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Bread! Tasty spins on carbonara and pizza minute until garlic is fragrant bits attached to the bottom the... Nutritional yeast set the Cooker to High this is it show us what you on... And polenta, make a well in the slow Cooker eggplant Bolognese with Veggie Crumbles hot.... Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method,! Hours on low for seven to eight hours or until the eggplant breaks... Add basil, oregano, salt, and set the Cooker to High very tender, about 1/2... Delicious, hearty and the remaining eggplant my Sassy slow Cooker Series make this whenever... Make proper Spaghetti Bolognese 2,000 calorie diet mix in 1/2 cup milk and Parmesan cheese and milk... 4Sprinkle with a good amount of grated cheese and add about half as much nutritional yeast is perfect busy... Program and should not substitute for any professional or medical guidance on weight loss and. Provide new, tasty spins on carbonara and pizza and 8 more salt and!